Saturday 16 January 2010

Hobbling around

I have been walking around Pitsford Reservoir every week since before Christmas now and felt fairly well. It's only a couple of hours but keeps you strong.

I have found a great o/s map on the internet, added below, for the Yorkshire 3 peaks so have printed a few copies and just need it laminating and memorising now. One job ticked off.

With the thought of 25 miles in front of me I decided to up the anti today and walk around both sides of Pitsford Reservoir around 15 miles. It was wet and miserable but a good test.

After 2 and half hours my feet started to ache like hell. It felt like it was muscle on the arch of my feet. Before that I was cruising but from then on it was a big struggle and felt like a challenge on it's own. I hobbled and shuffled most of the rest of the way and it was a mega relief when I got back to the car and sat down i can tell you!

Well just under 4 hours wasn't bad but I'm heading to the docs this week to get it sorted. Better out of the way now!

Yorkshire 3 peaks map

No comments:

Post a Comment