Monday 5 April 2010

Almost there

Realisation is dawning now that it is only 11 days to go.

The organising is done, timings, route, kit, equipment, accommodation, food etc. Just the last minute rucksack too pack.

The practicing is going well, Dom is in the Gym and i am out on my bike trying to build up the fitness and keep off my feet. I think we both feel that we are about ready now. That's not ready for any record but ready to give it a really good go. If we can avoid any injuries and endure the pain the 12 hours should be also about the mental will to succeed. Hopefully!

I've had plenty of pain already with my feet. They are much better now but still occasionally painful if I do too much or they stiffen up afterwards. I've decided now that I'll be ringing the doctor this week to see if I can get a pain killing injection to help me through. It shouldn't do any damage and I can rest afterwards.

In terms of the will to succeed I am almost at my sponsorship target now and thank you all for donating. It really is going spur me on as I don't want to let anyone down. Dom is also doing fantastically well and we should just about top two grand between us. Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment